We are a Colby Granger-centric community for photos, fan fiction, fan vids, artwork, etc. If it’s Colby (and/or Dylan Bruno), we love it.
Please kindly follow our rules so that everyone here has a great experience.
1. No hotlinking images. That means to and from the site. Some of us pay for our bandwidth while others have bandwidth allowances. If you’re going to repost images, upload them to your own server or account.
2. No flaming. Don’t be rude to each other. Most people are open to constructive criticism, but don’t tear apart another member’s art, fic, vids, etc.
3. No spamming. This is a Colby-centric, Dylan-centric community. It’s not a place for pimping your communities or contests. If you have a Numb3rs-related announcement you’d like to make, please refer to numb3rs_notice. (Some Colby-related exceptions apply. Please contact moderator before posting.)
Posters found in violation of these rules will have their posts/accounts deleted.
The vast majority of posts to this community are organized in our memories. Keep this in mind when titling your posts – you’ll want something that tells the visitor exactly what s/he is clicking on. Specific details for fic and picspam to follow.
Video: I'll Be Your Man, Colby Granger
Fic: Enemies (Colby/OFC, PG-13)
Need more help? Copy and paste from the text box and fill in your information for your post.
Please tag your posts.
Additional pairing tags are listed for fic. All tags can be viewed here.
Please review the following for definitions of these categories and specific guidelines.
Banners, photo compilations, drawings, graphic manipulations (i.e. Photoshop).
ALL ART MUST GO BEHIND AN LJ-CUT.
Community challenges, responses to challenges, etc.
All challenge responses must follow the formatting for the respective medium (fic, video, icons, wallpaper, etc.)
Post for discussing an episode of Numb3rs.
- Define episode in Subject (ex. “3.24 - The Janus List”).
- Warn for spoilers.
- If you are posting your own thoughts on the entry itself PLEASE PUT BEHIND AN LJ-CUT.
A compilation of songs like a soundtrack.
- Must be related to Colby, Colby’s relationship with another character, or a Colby-centric episode (ex. Colby in Afghanistan; David/Colby; “Trust Metric”)
LJ-CUT TRACK LIST.
Stories written about Colby.
All genres (gen, het, slash) and ratings (G – NC-17) are welcome. The only rule is that Colby must be a central character.
Subject/Title: Subject must follow this format:
ex. Rebirthing (Colby/Charlie, NC-17)
Header: You must use the following header:
Characters: [use a / to designate pairing (ex. Colby/OFC)]
Rating: [MPAA ratings recommended (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17)]
Spoilers: [if applicable]
For easier posting, you can copy and paste from the text box below.
Feel free (even encouraged) to add Summary, Word Count, Author’s Notes, and Disclaimer [sidenote: you should have a disclaimer on the fic itself to avoid possible legal ramifications].
- Gen: Short for general, indicating that there are no romantic pairings
- Het: Short for heterosexual, meaning that characters are paired with members of the opposite sex.
- Slash: Pairings are of the same sex.
Ratings Info (as popularly accepted):
- G: General Audiences, acceptable for all readers (not to be confused with gen (a genre type), as gen fic can go up to an R rating).
- PG: Parental Guidance Suggested, contains light profanities (“hell,” “damn”) and/or non-sexual romantic relationships.
- PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned, contains stronger language (but still nothing more than what you’d see on Numb3rs), implied sexual romantic relationships, adult themes (drug use), and/or non-explicit violence.
- R: Restricted, contains strong profanities, sexual relationships, intense violence, explicit details of adult themes (drugs, kink), and/or gore.
- NC-17: Adult, contains explicit sex.
- Beta: A person who reads through a fic before it’s posted to look for things that need to be corrected. Betas are highly recommended.
- AU: Alternate Universe, a story where the characters aren’t in the situation we know them to be (ex. Colby is an astronaut, the FBI team is in high school together)
- OC/OFC/OMC: OC stands for “Original Character” (someone the author created). OFC designates that the character is female; OMC is for male OCs.
- OOC: Out-Of-Character, a character not acting as s/he normally would in canon
- Canon: What is presented as fact about the characters on the show (like Colby working in Afghanistan)
- Drabble: A short piece, generally 100-300 words
- BDSM: Bondage/Domination/Sado-masochism (if you don’t know what these things are, you probably shouldn’t read the fic)
ALL FIC AFTER THE HEADER MUST GO UNDER AN LJ-CUT.
100x100 pixel photos used for posts and comments.
There is a TWO icon maximum for previews. All other icons must go under an LJ-cut.
Question for the members.
This may be to find out if something is acceptable for posting, if a new feature can be added (like a fic challenge), if someone will beta a fic for you, or another question directed at the members.
Reserved for notices about conferences/appearances Dylan is making, new Dylan projects, Colby-related Numb3rs spoilers, and general Colby/Dylan-centric items of note.
Our memories separate picspam into three categories – Episode, Themed, and Other.
- Episode: Post of picture(s) from a specific episode
- Themed: Post of picture(s) with a related theme
- Other: Post of picture(s) from Dylan Bruno films and appearances, or compilation of favorite Colby/Dylan photos
Subject/Title: Be specific about what your post contains (ex. “3.04 - The Mole,” “Sunglasses,” “Dylan at CalTech”). Look at our Episode Picspam for a pretty clear idea of what we’re going for. A specific subject makes it a hundred times easier for searching.
Question-and-answer format to get opinions from members.
Examples of past polls include favorite Colby episodes and preferred Colby looks.
Quotes from Colby or Dylan (as related to Numb3rs).
Recommended fics, art, icons, vids, etc.
If you didn’t create what you’re posting, it’s a rec. Tag as such.
A compilation of clips, interview, scene, blooper, or fan-made music video.
ALL VIDEOS POSTED DIRECTLY TO THE COMM MUST GO BEHIND AN LJ-CUT.
An image intended to be saved as the background picture on a person’s computer desktop.
Standard resolutions include 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024, but you’ll find all kinds of variations.
Please post your resolution.
WALLPAPERS POSTED TO THE COMM GO BEHIND AN LJ-CUT.
Dylan and/or Colby-related websites.
3. Use LJ-cuts as indicated above
How do I make an LJ-cut?
Posters that don’t follow the guidelines will be reminded to do so promptly. If indicated changes are not made, the post will be deleted.
The moderator/maintainer of savecolby is mustangcandi while neur0vanity is on hiatus.
She can be contacted via email at sweetce @ yahoo . com.
A very special thank you to every one who voted for this community, choosing us as the best website/community/forum/group for the 4th Round of the numb3rs_awards (2009).
Layout and profile page designed by neur0vanity; modified by julietm